parallax background

BLACK AND WHITE FOR THE WIN

Baaaaaaabes, what da heck is up?! Like, for real, leave me a comment and tell me whad up in yo life! Ok, Lemme drop my "too chill" talk and get down to bizness!

I've been itching to book a vacation lately and can't seem to figure out exactly where we would like to go. I have a specific amount of places on my immediate list but then a deal for something that isn't even on the list comes up, and there I am booking faster than I can grab my credit card. HAHA! Aside from wander lusting, I've been spending quite a bit of time enjoying the grey weather (that isn't sarcasm) attending local events, taking advantage of the 'by donation' Tuesday nights at the art gallery. So, now that you know what the eff I've been doing, let me tell you what I've been shopping for (lol, of course I have) and buying, these two beautiful and classic pieces from Kooding Clothing had me immediately hooked. Something about black and white that reminds me of Chanel, just like stripes and berets remind me of French style and how everything about Dolce & Gabbana reminds me of Italian women. Black and white can be boring, classic, edgy, chic it can be anything but never trendy, which is why I decided to stick to those colours when I chose the items.

When I purchased the pants and blouse I purchased with the intention of pairing it up with a tweed jacket and my round toe block heels. You do that too, right? Buy something and then create and envision the whole outfit in your head! Anyhow, I decided to give two different looks to the outfit and pair it up with edgier shoes and blazer. And you know what, I liked it! Somehow I ended up taking way more photos in that look, too! HAHA! I didn't feel too edgy, just enough to push me out of my comfort zone. And I even made my hair all straight and sleek, which I rarely wear that way, for this shoot. That's the beauty about black & white, you can do a lot with it, you can make your outfit funky with a pair of statement heels and/or big jewelry piece. You can wear your lips nude, bright red or dark. You can keep it simple or dress it up. The options are endless. For your information I purchased the pants and top in small, both fit to a T, but if you prefer a more relaxed look for the pants, then I would highly recommend a medium. It's like if the pants had been 1/10th of an inch too small, they wouldn't fit me. I've already been wearing the outfit several times, I love buying pieces that I can re-wear often.

Which look is more your style? The classic one with tweed jacket and round toe block heels or the edgy one with gold stilettos and gold button blazer?

Pants & Top - Kooding
Tweed Blazer - Zara - Similar Here & Here
Round Toe Black Pumps - Banana Republic (two seasons ago)- Similar Here
Gold Button Blazer - Only Brand (bought 6 years ago) - Similar Here
Gold Stiletto - Tom Ford - I found a few different sizes on the site I linked, it's a pre owned Luxury Resale site but most items are like new Exact Ones Here
Bag - Bought from a vintage shop in Spain.
IMG_6645
_Y1C7584
_Y1C7376
_Y1C7341
_Y1C7371
_Y1C7571
_Y1C7255
Please follow and like us:
Facebook
Facebook
Google+
Google+
YouTube
YouTube
Pinterest
Instagram

32 Comments

1. Amy Long says:

I absolutely love your outfit and glasses!! I wish I could wear pants like that but I am so short and need slim cuffs :). Short and curvy is a blessing and a curse!!

2. I love this highly sophisticated look! And your backdrop is classy to go with it.

3. Indu says:

This is ultimate formal wear for office, or for corporate look. This combination looks fabulous on you and this will fit well beautifully on others equally.

4. Tennille M. says:

Loving this outfit! It is definitely a winner. Super sophisticated win!

5. Cia Black says:

YOu looked like you just walked out of the fashionable addition of Men in Black….The look is killer and paired with those fierce red nails .

6. I think I like the block heels and tweed. Love the line of the pants. Hope you have fun on your trip that you booked!

7. mily jain says:

I love how you added color to the monotone outfit with the clutch and the nails…Loved the contrast and your fierce look is very modern and chic!

8. Ithfifi says:

OOoh I just LOVE your outfit, you’re the boss! Theres something so powerful and striking about these pictures and the outfit you are wearing. You look totally glossy fashion magazine ready!!

9. maria says:

this is my favourite combination and always my go to look. black and white is just so timeless… always on trend and gives you an effortless coolness. you look amazing! πŸ™‚

10. Evelina says:

This is what I call the epitome of power dressing! You look absolutely amazing! Love how modern and powerful your outfit looks.

11. Marnie says:

I absolutely love your outfit! We have the same style. I can’t wait to see more of your outfit posts that I will get to draw ootd inspiration from πŸ™‚

12. Daimona says:

Both of those outfits are gorgeous! I prefer the gold, edgy look. I always like my classy looks with something unusual just to stand out in a crowd.

13. Daria says:

Wow, what a wonderful, professional editorial! Your style is flawless, so classy. I am a minimalist and share similar aesthetic. Need to look you up on Instagram!

14. Love your outfit and very stylish! This is one of the classic combination which will never go out of fashion.

15. Preet says:

I love both the styles, you look absolutely gorgeous. The tweed jacket looks so pretty and classic. The boots are so stunning. You did an amazing job with both the looks.

16. Sneha says:

I loved your outfit and entire look. You are really stylish and inspirational person. πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

17. Nati says:

What a gorgeous and elegant outfit!
    what’s up with me? I’m sick as dog, reading blogs under my cozy blanket and hoping to feel better soon because I have so much to do and then I’m leaving on Vacation to Strasbourg πŸ™‚

18. April says:

Black and white is always a classic and versatile look. Usually when I can’t find anything to wear, I’ll go for a black and white combo.

19. This look is stunning, you are bossing it! Your photos are gorgeous too!

20. The black and white is one of my favorite combination. And you look so smart and cool in that dress. Good photos. Keep it up.

21. Faith Roxas says:

I am loving your casual black and white suits. You look fabulous and classy in that looks. Awesome choice of your outfit.

22. That’s an interesting look. You can wear it to work. You can wear it to a business meeting then you can also wear it as a day outfit to go around the city. Nice!

23. Ana Vukosavljevic says:

Black and white is always a winning combination! It’s eternal, classy and chic! I love this look and love the whole vibe around the pictures <3

24. Oyinkan says:

I love wearing black and white! I love my colors too but black & white is simple and classic